Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

May 2, 2012

Sister Kindlespire -- May 2, 2012



I can hardly wait for Mother's Day! It's going to be so good to hear your voices. And I can talk to anyone that is there... I think. :)
I haven't received your package yet, but I should be receiving it soon. Thanks!! :) I was wondering if you could send "You know better than I", and that classical piano piece that I would play all the time. We live so close to the church and are there at least three times a week. I love playing the piano whenever I get the chance. My companion plays the flute, and she has found someone that will let her borrow one. We are going to find an arrangement that we can both play for sacrament meeting sometime. We are thrilled.



We are excited for the Revlon Run/Walk. Most of the missionaries are going to be in Central Park tomorrow to help out with it. And then everyone will be there at Time Square on Saturday. TIME SQUARE! It's going to be so much fun! We start our service at 6:00am, so it's going to be an early morning for all of us.

Our days are filled with teaching. I'm still getting used to the language. I think I will be trying to get used to it for most of my mission. Our most solid investigator at this time is a sixteen year old girl who prefers to be taught in English. She has a niece and a nephew that stay with her on the weekends. They love meeting with us. We met with them last Saturday and taught them the Plan of Salvation, and invited them to church again. They came! We have 4 investigators at church on Sunday. It was wonderful!! We walked with C*** and her niece and nephew, and on our way J*** was asking all sorts of questions:
"Does God make buildings?"
 "Why is the sky blue? Does God like blue?"
It was so fun to answer his questions and talk about God on our way to church. But my favorite comment he made was about how he wanted to be in the sun with God, because it is brighter and happier than the moon and the stars, relating it back to our Plan of Salvation lesson the day before.

On Sunday the bishop taught the combined meeting and it was all about missionary work. The six missionaries in the ward were thrilled. We've been mentioning it to all the members and encouraging them to do more missionary work. We found two new investigators that seem really interested. We are meeting with one of them tonight and with the other one on Sunday. I'm really excited for them. They both have so much potential and the gospel of Jesus Christ makes their potential unlimited. They will definitely eat up the message. For Sunday dinner we were invited to the Wheelwright's house. They are both originally from Iowa and have lived in Logan, UT for a long time. So we had a lot to talk about! They made mashed potatoes and homemade chicken pasta (IOWA). It was delicious.

On Monday we ate dinner with a member who is from Mexico. We had sopes and memlitas, which I highly recommend. Daddy - I highly recommend them. You must make them... right now. They were delicious!! But I have never been more stuffed in my life. I was not able to finish the food on my plate. I was almost to the point of throwing up because I was so full. She was offended because I didn't finish my food, even though I had three helpings. :( But I think my stomach has been stretched to it's full capacity. Yesterday, we made pasta for lunch and then went to visit a recent convert. While we were there she asked us if we wanted a bit of juice and food. We said sure, but just a little bit. She made us tostones, and rice, and salad, and chicken, and spaghetti (yeah... spaghetti). I couldn't see my plate. But I finished everything. I was really proud of myself. Then we waddled away. So much food!

C*** has come to Young Women's twice. We went again last night, and she had a great time. We taught English again, which is such a blast. I love English class.

Oh! Here is a Dominican Tongue Twister.

Como poco coco como poco coco compro.

Good luck... It's hard. :)

Sorry my email is so long. I just love telling you about everything that is happening. We are having a lot of success. We are getting really close to issuing a few baptismal dates. We have at least one baptism every week in our zone this month. The Lord is working miracles! His work is continuing to go forth and people are continuing to choose to follow His plan. It's a hard decision to make, and it's a different lifestyle to commit it to. But He always provides a way. I Nephi 3:7 I love this gospel, and I love you.

Con Amor,

Hermana Kindlespire

PICTURES:
2. Laura - thanks for my Earth Day Shirt. :)
1. & 3.  Natural History Museum!


No comments:

Post a Comment