Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

April 25, 2012

Sister Kindlespire - 4/25/12

Our apartment is actually on the first floor, and you can't see it from the outside, unless we sneak into a creepy alleyway. It's small, but perfect for two people. We have a lot of fun. Hna Sanders has been in Inwood since December. And before that she was in Connecticut and White Plains, NY. She loves it here, and so do I. The ward is incredible. Each person is very charismatic. A lot of people dress up really fancy for church and wear their hair up in unique hairdos. Spanish people have a hard time singing on tune or in rhythm, but they sing with more feeling and more spirit than I have ever heard. The choir sang my favorite hymn this Sunday "Divina Luz". I loved it so much!

So last weekend, I developed a cold, but I think we got it. I slept almost all day on Friday. And felt so much better the next day. And I've felt healthy since. We had our interviews with the mission president. . It was great!  And better still, I didn't even cry! Lots of people cry in interviews, I've noticed.
We focused a lot of our attention last week on Church Attendance with absolutely no signs of success. We invited 5 people to church, and no one showed up. We were pretty sad, but we know that God has a plan! And we've seen that plan a bit clearer already this week. On Monday, one of our investigators asked about where he can attend church! And on Tuesday another investigator came to the Young Women's activity and is planning on church on Sunday. We will continue to focus on church attendance, because that is where our testimonies become more solidified.

Daddy, you should make avena. (I think that's how you spell it). It's an amazing drink that has oats and cinnamon in it. It's delicious, especially in the morning. I love it.

Sorry the email is a bit shorter this week. We are completely out of time. We wanted to do email earlier, but myldsmail.net wasn't working, so here we are. :) We went to the Natural History Museum - pictures next week. I learned a lot, and my brain hurts a little. There is a gem room.... yeah. A room FULL of sparkles. I loved it. Phooo! It was probably my favorite.

Well, I love you so much. I love this gospel. The gospel is perfect, the church is perfect, the ordinances and the organization is perfect. The only thing that isn't is the people. These is the gospel of Jesus Christ. And that is why everything is perfect. Because He is perfect. We are trying to become like Him, but sometimes we forget. The members of the church are human, but the head of the church - Jesus Christ - is perfect. I love knowing that God has given us the restored gospel again. It makes a difference everyday, whether you are on a mission or not.

Families are forever!

Love,

Hermana Kindlespire

No comments:

Post a Comment