Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

April 10, 2012

Tomorrow...New York! 4/9/12

Thanks for your email! I think about how the Elders in my district are all 19 years old, and that makes me feel really old. :) Oh! I saw Elder Zach Porter last week. He took Katie to prom. He is leaving tomorrow too. I didn't recognize him, but he said I looked a lot like Katie...

Thanks for the pictures too. I look funny when I sing :) but I'm okay with that. Singing was so much fun! I can hardly believe that was a week ago. It seems like much longer.

This past week was unique for sure. After meals, gym, classes, or anything, I would think (or say outloud) "This is our last class on a Wednesday..." "This is our last gym on a Thursday..." I am really excited to enter the field, but I am really nervous as well.

We had a really fun opportunity last week as a companionship. When the new missionaries enter, their first night they spend time in mock lessons with real investigators. Our companionship was asked to be the missionaries in these mock lessons. It was really intimidating. I remember thinking that those missionaries knew everything. I do not know everything. We spoke with a man who had just moved to Orem and is very Catholic. He shared his testimony, and we shared ours, and then the new missionaries took over and by the end of the lesson they had challenged him to start reading the Book of Mormon. It was incredible! Our second lesson didn't go as smoothly, but we learned a lot about what we need to improve on.

We received a new district in our zone this week. They are amazing! I knew immediately upon meeting them that they would be very successful missionaries. Since Elder Fales and Barnard are leaving tomorrow, we needed new zone leaders. Elder Hone and Elder Morley were called after being here for less than 36 hours... Yeah, they felt a little overwhelmed, but they will do an incredible job. I know it.

On Friday, we had in-field orientation. We talked about all the things that we haven't focused on very much. Working with members, having faith in our ability, planning, etc. Speaking of which, work with the missionaries...They need your help to be successful. We met a ton of people from "The District", and that was pretty entertaining to see some "celebrity faces".

Easter Sunday was beautiful! President Packer came and spoke to us, and the entire congregation was able to partake of the sacrament with the senior apostle presiding. It was an amazing experience! His words were so strong. He talked about the power of missionaries. We still had testimony meeting with our zone, which I did in Spanish. I made several mistakes, but I think that they were able to understand my point. We then had a departing devotional, and received instructions on leaving and things to remember in the mission field. And our last devotional in the MTC was the BYU Men's Chorus! They did an amazing job! I loved it. They sang "La cucaracha", and pulled out fake moustaches and maracas. It was hilarious! I even got to see my good friend Bobby Hale after the concert for a second.

Well, today is the day. The last day in the MTC. It seems surreal. I just can't believe it. I'm ready to leave, but at the same time, I'm not ready at all. I know that this will be a hard adjustment, but the Lord knows that I am ready for it. So yes, I need to have faith in myself that I am ready too, but my faith in God is carrying me right now. If He says I am ready, then I am ready. I will go, I will do, I will be happy.

There are a few things I want to add on to my list of reasons I am on a mission. I am on a mission because all His children that are here on earth, desire to return to live with Him again, even if they don't remember. I am on a mission because it is only through the ordinances of this gospel that we can return to live with God.

I love this gospel very much, and I am so grateful for the blessings that I have received because of my knowledge of the restored gospel. I love you too!

Love,

Hermana Kindlespire

Family: I will talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment