Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

May 9, 2012

Times Square -- May 9, 2012





So, this week was really different than all the other weeks so far. Last Thursday, we had a split. Sister Lavaki and I made it through the New York Subways on our own. We both came into the mission on April 10th, so we were a little bit worried that we would find ourselves in Queens, but we did just fine. We did service at the employment center on 14th Street and grabbed some New York Pizza for lunch afterwards. Look at the size of the pizza in my picture! It's bigger than my face! It was delicious.




On Friday we ate quipes for the first time. Daddy.... get on that. I just love Dominican food. I like to think of quipes as fried wheat dumplings. They are really good. We taught a new investigator. We asked him to watch a few videos on mormon.org and write down any questions that he had. He had a long list of questions. We were so impressed! We are meeting with him again today to answer more of his questions. And at the end of english class, we said, "Nos vemos el martes." But he said, "No. Nos vemos el domingo a la iglesia." We were so excited! We accepted that without any complaints. :)

Saturday, we went to Times Square... no big. But actually, yeah. Huge big! After we were done with service, we went to watch the beginning of the race take off. And we actually found ourselves at the beginning of the race. We kept trying to veer to the right to get out of the race, but there were so many people that it took a long time. So, not only was I a volunteer for the Revlon Run/Walk, I was a participant for a few minutes too. We got on the big screen in Times Square.  It was sweet! After Times Square, we came back to Inwood - which felt like such a small community after the crowds of people at Times Square. We had appointment after appointment, and were so exhausted by the end of the day. I slept like a rock that night.





Sunday, we had 4 people at church, including our English student. It was great! C*** has been to all the Young Women activities for the last three weeks (and there have been a lot!) and been attending church faithfully. She really enjoys it. Her mom came too... I can't even express how I felt about that! It was incredible to see her at church. I loved it. We had a less-active come too! It was so great!! I just love church. New faces in church bring so much excitement to the ward. It's a lot of fun.


Well, I better let you go. I love you all. I'm so excited to talk with you on Sunday. Happy Mother's Day.

Love,

Hermana Kin

(Note: the last picture is of all the sister missionaries in the mission with President and Sister Smith. )

No comments:

Post a Comment