Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

May 16, 2012

Bigfoot and Baptisms...May 16, 2012

Hey Mom! I'm so excited for Stephanie, I'll have to send her a letter soon. I asked her when she was filling out her papers what mission she thought she would go to and she said the Alpine mission! That girl was right on! That's awesome.

I can't wait to see pictures of Senior Ball. She'll have a blast. And Capitol Reef would be awesome. One of my favorite parks in Utah.

I'm not sure how many people are in the ward. It's seems pretty small compared to the wards I've been a part of... maybe 75 people or so.

So last Wednesday, we taught a lesson to our new investigator. We invited a member to come with us. We all met in the church, which is great. I love having lessons in the church. But our ward has institute on Wednesday nights. 5 members came up to R***, and told their conversion stories and their testimonies. It was great, but a bit intimidating and overwhelming for R***, I think. It was only our second time meeting with him! But it was a lot of fun.




On Saturday, the New York Stake had a Street Fair to help raise money for all the summer camps. We found out that Bigfoot is real (*cough* - daddy)! And he is here in New York (see picture). It was the booth for the boy scouts. How smart is that?? At the fair, they were grilling hamburgers and hotdogs. And being poor, hungry missionaries we hoped that we could get some cheeseburgers for free. But alas, our hopes were dashed! One cheeseburger was 12 tickets, and there was no discount for missionaries. So what did we do? We collected tickets from different members and friends, until we had enough. We were able to get two frozen hot chocolates and two deluxe cheeseburgers! We were really proud of ourselves. We also were able to go to a baptism on Saturday night with C*** and her niece and nephew. It was wonderful! The Spirit was so strong. I love baptisms!

Sunday was a great day. We went to R****'s for dinner. She is my Dominican Mami. And I was able to talk with family! It was good to hear everyone's voices and catch up with everyone.

Monday and Tuesday were good and busy. We've been teaching a lot and have been blessed with an amazing ward to help us.

And Today. What a day! We went to the 9/11 Memorial. It was incredible. It is hard to even comprehend what took place there. I'm grateful that I had the chance to visit the Memorial. It was an amazing experience.
                                         
It was a fun week! This next week is going to be fun too. I've had a lot of unique experiences thus far. Most missionaries have to wait until the end of their missions to experience Time Square and the 9/11 Memorial. I've been very lucky. It's been a lot of fun. But more importantly is the people that I'm meeting, and the lessons that we are teaching. We get so excited to teach the needs of our investigators. We see them all as members of the church. I am excited to watch them progress and gain personal testimonies of the church.



I love you all!                                        

Love,

Hermana Kindlespire

Pictures:
- Us with our free hamburgers
- Us with our tickets, that got us our free hamburgers
- Me and Sarah Draper (please add to facebook!) She was one of my EFY girls
- WTC pictures. Names, Memorial, and The Survival Tree. That tree is an awesome story. You should look it up, if you haven't heard of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment