Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

August 22, 2012

"I'm not religious, I'm Catholic!", August 22, 2012



Inwood is still going good. Sister Taylor loves it here. I think I might not realize what a blessing this area, since it's my first one. Spanish is the first language, and it's not like that in other areas. Even in Manhattan. We are getting along really well. She reminds me a lot of Jenessa every once and
awhile.

She contacts everyone. It's great. I have never talked to so many people and never used my spanish so much. I still feel like I'm very inadequate in speech, but I try not to think about it too much. It'll come.
Last Wednesday night, we met M**** and M***** and J**** too. All three are new investigators now and we are excited to teach them more about the gospel. M*** is still progressing. She loves Joseph Smith and finds his story to be fascinating. N*** (A***'s mom) loves talking about our church. She likes what she's heard so far. I pray for her so much. I know that someday she will be baptized, and I hope that I will get to see it. 
Sister Sanders and I finished our food tally. This is how many times we were given a certain item of food when we went to a members house. The end result for the months of July and half of August.... 8 beans, 10 platano, 15 chicken, 22 rice, and 28 jugo. "La bandera" I explain what that is in the letter I just sent home. 
We've been very busy this last week. Introducing Sister Taylor to members and investigators and finding new friends and what not. It's been great, but there isn't really much to report on.
Alex received the gift of the Holy Ghost this Sunday. It was great. He is a good kid... He's a teenager, but nonetheless. He is a good kid. 
Today for Pday, we just went shopping and wrote letters. I'm planning on taking a nap once I'm done emailing. Just the norm...
Ok... One funny quote. We knocked on someone's door, and as soon as we introduced ourselves as missionaries, he said "Oh, I'm not religious.... I'm Catholic." 

And with that... I'm out. 

Les amo.

La Hermana Kindlespire

No comments:

Post a Comment