Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

August 16, 2012

Big Changes in Inwood, August 15, 2012


We had a ward picnic on Saturday. And what did we eat? That's right! Rice and Chicken. And I had a little bit of a Dominican Avocado. See the picture... The Avocado is huge! It was really good too, not as flavorful as usual, but still delicious. That's the Dominican Way... Bigger. Dominican's celebrate more, cry more, love more, eat more. Everything is more. It's so great.
It sounds like Lake Powell was a lot of fun this year. It's hard to miss Lake Powell. But we had so much to keep us busy, I barely had time to think about all of you out there. :) But next year, please make Lake Powell as late as possible. I hope I can join you.

That is so cool that Zach got to baptize someone! Already a missionary! I'm really proud of him. It's hard to stand up for your beliefs, and I can only imagine that it's harder at basic training. I look up to
him. That's really cool!

The baptism went great. Alex was on time, there were lots of people there to support him. The missionaries sang, "Oracion de un nino" AKA: A Child's Prayer, and it went really well. He hasn't received the Holy Ghost yet, but he will receive it on Sunday.
We played our musical number on Sunday in Sacrament Meeting, I was extremely nervous, but it went wonderfully! My nerves were really bad... I was shaking so much, but the only way for me to overcome those nerves is to perform. Maybe by the end of my mission, I will be able to play without any shaking. That would be wonderful. :)
I agree that time has just been flying by. It doesn't feel like it's been 6 months to me. I mean, it feels like I haven't seen you for a long time, but I wouldn't guess that it's been 6 months.
So... Monday was shot calls. We found out all the changes that happen on the Monday before transfers. Elder Hill and Elder Dilliing are out of Inwood. Elder Hill was replaced by Elder Scaife. And Elder Dilling was replaced by...... Elder Bartlett! He was here when I first came to Inwood! And as we all know, Sister Sanders is out. Heading back to the Grand AZ. My new companion is.... Well, should I tell? No.... I shouldn't. I should keep it a secret.
No, I'll tell you.
But maybe I'll tell you next week.
Or the week after.
Or I could just tell you now...
OK. I'll tell you. :)
Sister Taylor is my new companion. She's from Georgia. She was just serving in Harlem with Sister Rogers. I think we will have a great time together. She seems like a hard worker and go-getter, and all that stuff. 
Well, I love you so much. I'm so grateful for this gospel, and I know that when we put God first, everything falls into place. I'm just starting to realize that. I never realized that putitng God first is really a process. It takes time to make Him your priority. 
Love you with all my heart, 
La Hermana Kindlespire 

No comments:

Post a Comment