Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

July 5, 2012

Baptism! -- July 4, 2012



Maria was baptized on Saturday! You will probably hear about a ton of Marias. It's an extremely popular name. Maria was President Morgan's first baptism (and mine too) so he and his wife came on Saturday. We were the first missionaries that they met, besides the APs. It was wonderful! I love them so much. They are so kind and loving and personable. I collected a few hugs from Sister Morgan. She is my Mission Mom for sure. All the missionaries just want to be next to her all the time. She's very popular. Three of their sons are here. They all spoke, and they seem like a great family. They just love each other, and being together.

Maria's baptism was beautiful. Her friend Carmen that brought her to church was able to make it. We were thrilled, because we didn't think she was going to be able to come. It was a miracle to see her there. We had her say the closing prayer. Her husband, Rafael baptized Maria. And we had a few speakers. Sister Sanders and I played "I Stand All Amazed" with our piano and flute skills, and it went really well. :)

So, on my chart I've just made guesses as to where I'll be in a few cycles. But my guesses change all the time. It's weird not knowing where you are going to be in six weeks. And life is very unpredictable.

Today for P-day, we are having a zone party. Playing volleyball and eating hot dogs. Someone is bringing KFC (just like fourth of july at home!). We have to be in at 8 tonight. We are going to build a fort and have a fun party tonight!

So, Inwood. The streets are very noisy. The cars passing have loud music, and the cars parked have the doors open and loud music. We saw a guy practicing the saxophone in his car a few weeks ago. There is always music. There are tons of vendors selling shoes, watches, and jewelry. People are always on the streets, because their apartments are so hot. We tract and contact a lot. We've had more success with tracting. That's how we found Ceri and Maria.

Near our apartment? There is a 99cent store on the corner, a cafe, a Dominican restaurant, and a Dominos on the same block. But within the next block we have Chinese food, 2 grocery stores, a Rite-Aid... Everything we need is within walking distance.

We talk about how we think our families would be shocked to see what we see everyday, but it has become so normal for us.

So, I was wondering if you could possibly send me some more piano music, especially just piano solos. I was asked to play a piano solo for zone conference, but I wasn't able to because I don't have any regular piano sheet music. Sally Deford has a lot of wonderful arrangements. That would be great!

Well, I love you. Always know that I love you. You are wonderful! I've got to go... we are eating hot dogs now. :)


Hermana Kindlespire

No comments:

Post a Comment