Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

July 25, 2012

Answers to Prayer-- July 25, 2012

It's good to hear from you, as always. I got your letter. Thanks so much! You should be getting a postcard from me soon. I'm glad that Dad's trip went well. I hope he will send some pictures! I'd love to see those beautiful mountains. I hope Nikki comes back sun burnt, exhausted, and happy. 

Sister Sanders love peanut butter and chocolate. She likes pineapple and coconut too. Although she is trying to lose weight right now. Maybe some water guns? One for me and one for her... so I can protect myself. :) She'll be thrilled to get anything. It's been great to work with her. I'm going to miss her a lot. She's taught me a lot. I'm going to ask each companion for a scripture of advice/encouragement throughout my mission. Sister Sanders chose 2 Nephi 33: 3-4. 

 But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great aworth, and especially unto my people. For I bpraycontinually for them by day, and mine ceyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry.
 And I know that the Lord God will consecrate my prayers for the gain of my people. And the words which I have written in weakness will be made strong unto them; for it apersuadeth them to do good; it maketh known unto them of their fathers; and it speaketh of Jesus, and persuadeth them to believe in him, and to endure to the end, which is life beternal.
She's really lived that scripture too. I've seen how much she loves the people we teach and work with. She truly is amazing!

Today for P-day, I'm on a split with Sister Pipes. Sister Ortega and Sanders are going to try and see a Broadway play. We are just hanging out in the Bronx. We played board games with the elders from the Kingsbridge Zone, we're going to go to a museum later on, and maybe do a little bit of shopping or something.

What a cool story about Zach! What a good kid! I'm excited to hear all his stories. Basic sounds rough! But I know he can do it... He's a tough kid. 

We had a good week over here! We had a service project on Saturday. Mormon Helping Hands (Is that what it's called in English?). We went to a park and painted and weeded. We aren't just talking little weeding... Trees. We took out a bunch of trees. Well, we didn't. Sister Sanders and I ended up with the best job of all. We were in charge of check in and food. Some elders got poison ivy and almost all had blisters and scratches... I sat in the shade. Although I did get my hands dirty for a little bit. 

We had three investigators at church! It was a memorable Sunday. Sister Sanders spoke about remembering covenants. Beautiful, beautiful talk that she gave in a different language. Her Spanish skills never cease to amaze me. Elder Dilling and Elder Irizarry spoke as well. The pianist didn't show up. So my first time playing the piano for sacrament meeting was done in Spanish and with 3 minutes warning. Needless to say, it wasn't my best. I messed up like crazy! We changed the hymns on the spot, but we made it work. 

A*** and his mom, N****, were some of our investigators at church on Sunday. A*** has been having a hard time making friends. He's only been in this country for one month. But on Sunday, a miracle happened. R***** is a friend of his from the ward in the Dominican Republic. R***** just moved here too, and he is in our ward! Not only that... But N**** knows R*****'s mom, Ru**. Ru**was in the DR with N**** when her daughter passed away. They have been friends for years. They both cried as they were reunited. N**** knows that this was no coincidence. What's amazing to me, is that God knew when he first brought N**** and Ru** together, that years later they would have this encounter. And that it would be an answer to prayers for several people. Amazing, right?

I taught district meeting on Monday. It was about the Atonement. Preach My Gospel says:
As your understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ grows, your desire to share
the gospel will increase. (2)

I decided to take this as a challenge. I've been studying the Atonement for the last few days and really applying what I've learned. There has been a huge change! I definitely have felt the Spirit more. My desire has increased, and I have felt happier. I'm finally understanding how God's will is the best option. He knows what I don't. It's hard to submit to His will, but as I have made more of an effort to do so, I have felt myself becoming that missionary that I want to be. 

Above all of this... We have another baptismal date for August 11. I know that our investigator is ready for this step. They have been ready for years. Now they are finally going to do it! August 11th is Sister Sanders last Saturday in the mission. We are excited!

I love you. I'm glad you are doing well. Thanks for your support and your prayers. They've been making a difference here. You're wonderful!

Love, 

La Hermana Kindlespire

No comments:

Post a Comment