Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

June 26, 2012

"Call me Maybe?"-- 6/26/2012



We've had a really busy week. We had Pday a day early so that we could all meet with President one last time for his final transfer. There were no changes in our district, and only a few in our zone. Sister Asregadoo is going to Kingsbridge with Sister Johnson. And Sister Lotuleilei is headed to Olmstead with Sister T.

Sister Sanders and I will be here until August 15th, and then she will be on her way home! :( I'm "killing her", as they say. But we are going to make it an amazing last transfer together!

We contacted, contacted, and contacted this weekend. It's my goal to just get really comfortable with contacting. Have you heard that new song by Carly Rae something? I never remember her last name. The chorus goes like this: "Hey, I just met you. And this is crazy, but here's my number. So call me maybe." It's all the rage out here, probably over there too. But that's what we do as missionaries. Ask random people that we just met to give us a call. Yeah... it's a little uncomfortable, but I know with time I will get good at it. And again... doing it in Spanish. That makes it tricky too. But I prefer it in Spanish more than in English. Weird, right?

M*** R**** has finally committed to a baptismal date! And what date is it? June 30th... That's right! She's getting baptized in four days! We are thrilled. She has been investigating for 10 months, and coming to church every Sunday. We are so happy that she has finally made the decision to take this leap of faith and join the church!

A quick experience we had this week. We were teaching a new investigator named A**. We were talking about Truth. A** asked us, "What is the truth?". I began thinking of big complicated answers, like "The Doctrines that Christ taught while he was here are the truth." "The revelation that we receive from the Holy Ghost is the truth." Sister Sanders, in her 17 months of missionary experience (She's such a pro) said, "I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saint is true." It was amazing to me how simple her reply was. So simple! What a beautiful testimony she has. I'm grateful for her and what I have learned from her so far.

Love you all! Have a great Tuesday!

Love,

Hermana Kindlespire

No comments:

Post a Comment