Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

March 26, 2012

Missionary Tabernacle Choir ! MTC 3-26-2012

I'm starting a new study journal organized by topic. Heidi has one just like it. I think it will help things stick a bit more. I tend to forget things easily.

No, singing in conference is not an April Fool's joke. We are singing in the Saturday Afternoon Session. We are practicing every morning from 7-8. I'm singing Alto 1, with Hna Noble and Hna Rogers is singing Soprano 1. I am so excited!! I can hardly wait. We are singing Glory to God on High, Lead Kindly Light (my favorite hymn!), and Praise to the Man. We have a dress rehearsal tomorrow. I haven't chosen an outfit yet, but most likely the coral shirt that I am wearing in a few pre-mission photos, or the cute purple one. But we will all be wearing similiar colors so I don't know if the color will help that much.

Physical therapy is going well. He said my spine doesn't have a curve where it should, and that is why there is a lot of pain. He also said that it may be from when I injured my shoulder a few years ago. I'm going twice a week to relieve the tension, and I'm doing exercises twice a day to strengthen my back. I know that it'll be fine and when I get to New York (in two weeks!) that it will be as strong as ever.

Dallin H. Oaks came and spoke to us last Tuesday. He spoke about the importance of the Spirit. It is so true! I've noticed how much I need to rely on the Spirit during lessons and in my interactions. The spirit is the ultimate teacher, and without Him you aren't teaching in the Lord's way (D&C 50:18). I am making a greater effort to rely on the Spirit.

Spanish is coming, but I feel like it's plateaued a bit. But I will pick it up more! I wrote out each verb tense ending, laminated them, and cut them out so that I can use my hands more while I am practicing. I think it will help a lot. I definitely need to use them more often, but it will be a great tool as I practice and practice.

I showed my companions how to do their "true laughs". It was hilarious. Hna Noble's true laugh is like Nikki's, but squeaky. And Hna Roger's is like Katie's, but with sound on occassion. It was a unity-building activity. I love my companions. They are so great. We each have different strengths and different weaknesses, so we make a really good team.

Our district has the opportunity to host this week! We are all excited! Welcoming new missionaries to the MTC seems like such a treat. It's the opportunity to do something a little different. And of course, helping the new missionaries feel love and comfort while they adjust into a new setting is a great blessing.

I listened to Mormonism 101 by Elder Holland. It's on lds.org, and he mentioned a poem by Henry Longfellow that I would love to read, if you have the chance to look it up. I miss poetry so much, and once I get a little bit of time I think I'm going to start writing so more. It's strange how just hearing poetry can help me feel better. In a devotional a few weeks ago, the speaker quoted "The Road Not Taken", which I memorized while I was trying to decide if I wanted to serve a mission. It brought back the Spirit as I remembered that this is the Road that I've taken, and that it will make all the difference in my life.

Me gust la oportunidad de servir una mision. Yo creo en Jesucristo y en su Expiacion. Le iglesia ha estado restaurada mediante Jose Smith. Jesucristo es el rey de la iglesia. El Libro de Mormon es verdadero. Thomas S. Monson es el profeta hoy. Tenemos la oportunidad de oir sus palabras y las palabras de los otros profetas este fin de semana a la conferencia general. Escuche a sus palabras, entonces, estan las palabras de Dios. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment