Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

March 19, 2012

Setting goals! -- MTC - 3/19/2012

Thanks for the cupcakes! I love cupcakes!! Hermana Rogers got a package of cupcakes from the Cocoa Bean this week too, so we've at least one cupcake everyday for the past five days. But don't worry, I haven't gained any weight yet, not one lb! (knock on wood).
I'm glad Katelyn was able to speak in the ward! She is amazing and I love her. I only wrote her once on her mission, but I could tell she was loving every minute of it. Pretty sure they speak Tagalog in her mission, but I'm not sure. There are 17 missions in the Phillipines.... 17!!! That's crazy!
I'm so happy that you were able to go and surprise Katie! What a wonderful birthday for her! Can you believe that she is 20? That is very odd to me. She is too young. Oh, I meet more people here at the MTC that know Katie than I do that I know. Isn't that funny? I've met at least 3 people that have asked my about "Katherine Kindlespire in Rexburg." She's a popular little thing.
I met a sister a few weeks ago named Sister Sweety Khattri. She is from India and has been searching for the church her entire life. She shared her conversion story with the whole relief society, and it was incredible. She left for Suva, Fiji last Saturday. It was one of the hardest goodbyes I have had to say. I just love her and the example she is to me. She will be an incredible missionary. She said, "We will see each other again... And if not here, then at the feet of Jesus." I almost cried, because I know that it is true! I love that sister!
So about physical therapy for my back, I haven't gone yet, but I go today at 2:30. I think it'll just be a one time thing and I can get some instruction on how to relax and relieve the tension that is in my back and my neck. I will give you an update as soon as I can. Don't worry. It'll be just fine. :) It was strange to know that Allison, in the medical office, was talking to you. I could hear the mumbling of the phone, and I was thinking, "That's my mom..." Was that weird for you too?
I have been going crazy on setting goals. I have been making goals for personal study, language study, personal development, companionship study, etc, etc, etc. So many goals! I am loving it. As I work hard at accomplishing my goals, I know that I will see a lot of improvement in all my different abilities. One of my language study goals is to finish 1 Nephi in Spanish by the end of this week. I have 30 pages left, so I think I should be able to do it. I just read El Libro de Mormon in every spare second that I have.
I'm still working on my conversion story translation. I've got it translated, but I need to proof read it a few times to make sure there aren't too many mistakes. I think I'm going to keep re-writing my conversion story throughout my mission, as I recognize the importance of different aspects of the gospel, but for now I am happy with the story.
I became a new investigator for Elder Fales and Elder Barnard last week. And really, I am just being me without the gospel. The things that I've struggled with in the gospel are the things I still struggle with. It's hard to pretend to not have the blessings of the gospel in my life, because they are so obvious to me. I know exactly the person I would be without these blessings.... I would be sad, I would be depressed. This gospel has filled me with joy!
Our new roommates are Sister Franco and Faddis. They are members of our district. Sister Franco is so positive and happy. We walked together during gym time a lot, and just talk and talk. She's going to the Las Vegas- Spanish Speaking Mission. Sister Faddis is hilarous! She tells us all about her weird dreams and about her thoughts throughout the day. We have a blast. She's going to the New Mexico - Spanish Speaking Mission. Oh, and she snores. :) I didn't get a lot of good sleep last week while we adjusted to having new roommates, and one night after I was awake for an hour and half due to snoring, I just started laughing and laughing and laughing! I couldn't stop! Hermana Noble, who was having a hard time falling asleep was in the same situation. We both just laughed for a good half hour or so. Her snoring stopped for a bit and we were able to fall asleep. I love my roommates. I love the different personalities we all have and that we are able to work together. It's wonderful.
Saturday was our dia perfecto. We spoke only Spanish, all day. Our that was the goal, we made it to about 3:00pm and then had to speak English in order to plan. Once you speak English, it's hard to pick up Spanish again. But this Friday we are going to try it again. Nuestro dia perfecto!!
There haven't been any other general authorities yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if we hear from one tomorrow or really soon.
It's time to go. I love you. I love the Savior. I love this gospel.
Romans 12: 21
Love, Hermana Kindlespire

No comments:

Post a Comment