Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

August 7, 2013

Commitment and Gratitude, 7.24.2013



 I've had a lot of themes during my mission. One of them being "Todo Saldra Bien" Everything will turn out good. And I have so much faith in that saying. I know that no matter how it starts out, and no matter how it is in the middle, in the end, it will all be good. :)

I'm so grateful for Heidi and Jason, and that I can live with them and help them and their family. It's a huge blessing for me! I hope I don't tire them with my mission stories and my spanish. :)

A few stories from this week. We saw Cui! Cui (koo-ee) is an Ecuadorian delicacy. You wil know it as... guinea pig. That's right! A Chewy! We didn't eat it, because when we came out of our lesson it was gone, but I hope I will get to eat it eventually. :) 

President invited all the STL to the mission home for a nice breakfast and training. It was so great, and so useful. We talked about what success is. It's not baptisms, it's not lessons... Those are often fruits of success, but success is commitment, and gratitude. Being grateful for the chance to wear Christ's name and preach His gospel is a huge part of success, and a lesson that I have learned a lot of during my mission. I'm so grateful!

This week, we taught the law of chastity to P***** and D******. They are already living the law of chastity and accepted it full heartedly. We were thrilled. And P***** will be getting baptized on the 4th. (Thanks Nikki, for sharing your birthday!) She is so excited, and ready for this committment. D****** is going to Utah a few weeks after that. He's going to Salt Lake and Temple Square. I'm sure it will be an incredible spiritual experience for him. He is so ready for baptism. We talk about it in every lesson that we have. He just needs to choose a date. 

A******* is a new investigator that is praying about baptism too. She is so wonderful. We taught her the plan of salvation this week, and she just soaked it up. We showed her around the church and she really wants to come. Keep her in your prayers!

We've had a wonderful week. And we will keep having really great times and experiences!

We are also in a prank-war with the elders... I think we are winning, but the tables could turn at any minute. Any pranks that you have in mind, please let us know!

Love you!

HK



No comments:

Post a Comment