Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

July 14, 2013

Last transfer, staying put! 7.10.2013

Wow! Lots of awesome things happening. I think it's great! It's funny that they are happening during my last transfer. I'm going to have to stay really focused because those are some amazing blessings that I can't wait to participate in.
We've had a great week in Danbury... and we're going to have 6 more awesome weeks together here. I'm not leaving!! Danbury to the end! :) I am really excited to keep working here. I'm still Sister Training Leader too. I'll be working with Sister Richardson and Sister Peterson in Monticello, Sister Dunn and Sister Aguirre in Poughkeepsie, and Sister McCurdy, Richeson, and Wilkys in Newburgh. It'll be a great cycle for sure. :)
For the 4th of July we went to Brother W*******'s house with M***** and her friend. We had a great day there and then visited with I***** and I*****. It was a fun day. We visited with O******* in the morning right before she left on her trip. She'll be back in three weeks.
We've had two baptisms in the branch the last two weeks. R***** from Brazil was baptized on the 30th of June  and then C**** was baptized on the 7th of July. We sang a song in Portuguese for R*****'s baptism. That was a pretty fun day. P***** came and we had a wonderful lesson. And A**** and A******(D******' grandchildren) came to C****'s  baptism the following week. They are great girls... A***** is ready for baptism, but A**** isn't ready. We will keep preparing A***** and hope that A****ll understand and make the decision to be baptized. She wants to follow the Lord.
We had our Leadership Council again last Friday. It was good... Those meetings are always a lot of fun.
We started meeting with an amazing sister named D****. She was baptized a year and a half ago, but recently moved from Washington. She hasn't been able to go to church, but we encouraged her to fast. And just a few days later she texted us and told us that she now has work later on Sundays so that she can go to church. She was thrilled!
P***** is doing great and still preparing for the 28th of July. Now her boyfriend is taking the lessons as well and he has a lot of interest. Unfortunately he doesn't speak Spanish. We are still going to teach him though. We will be issuing him a baptismal date soon. :)
We had a miracle happen the other day. (Well.. they happen everyday). We went to go pick up I***** and we had 20 extra minutes, so we decided to tract. We had only knocked three doors when we found C*****.  C***** was baptized five years ago in the Dominican Republic. He wants to start coming to church again and he has a beautiful little family that we are going to start teaching tomorrow.
I love the Lord! I love that He gives us the Spirit to direct us and guide us and we don't have to rely on our own limited understanding and abilities. I'm so grateful for my mission and the chance that I have to serve!
Love,
Hermana Kin

No comments:

Post a Comment