Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

July 14, 2013

Happy 4th of July! 7.3.2013

Happy 4th!

We had a wonderful week!

OH! I forgot to tell you! Sister Wankier threw a surprise party for me the day after my birthday (such a good daughter!). All the elders went over to Elder and Sister Eberhard's house and she made nachos and tostados. The elders made a three-layer cake that was super impressive. :) I love my distrito!

This week...

M**** read from the Book of Mormon. We have been working with her for 2 months! She refused to read from the Book of Mormon. But last week, she asked us why she felt empty and why she didn't have peace... We told her that it is because she is not keeping all the commandments. We asked her to pray about what the Lord wanted her to do, and promised we would come back the next day to follow-up. When we went back, she had read the Book of Mormon. She really is looking for peace, and I know she will find it. We read the 3rd paragraph of the introduction to the Book of Mormon with her. 

We went to R******'s wedding. It was beautiful! It was supposed to start at 5:30. We showed up at 5:30, and then at 6:30, and then at 8:00. haha. But finally she arrived and we were able to be there for a little bit. 

When Sunday came around, O*******, C******, and P***** came to church. They all loved it, and are wanting to come back. O****** told us that her husband is making bad decisions and she realizes now that she needs to do even more to be a good example to her children. She loved church and will be coming back after her vacation this next week. 

C****** is O*******'s daughter, and she loves church. She wanted to be baptized last summer, but her mom told her she needed to wait. Maybe it's her time now. :)
That family has started to read the scriptures and pray together everyday since school got out. It's obvious the difference it has made. :)

P***** loved it. She made lots of friends. She knew all the young women already, because they had mutual this week and P***** joined them. I love watching them make friendships and get involved. 
She is getting baptized on July 28th. She came to the baptism afterwards, and was just so excited. We talked about how baptism means that you have promised to stand as a witness of God. It was a great lesson!

We also had D****, L**, R***, M*******, and M****** come to church too. 

D**** is 14 and has been nervous to come. Even Sunday morning, we called to remind her and she really didn't want to come, but she did. As she left that building, she had a huge smile on her face and you know that she had missed her friends and the teachings. 

L** came, which was an absolute miracle. R*** is her son and he passed the sacrament. We have been working with this family from week 1 here. They were offended years ago and haven't been back very often. They still have their testimonies though. We are hoping that they will be able to forgive and keep coming. 

M******* is doing great. She loves what she learns at church and know that it is Christ's church. 

M****** is another sister we have been working with. She has been coming regularly and I consider her active now. We need to check with the bishop though. We love her and are so happy that she keeps coming. :)

It was an amazing week in Danbury. I'm so grateful for my time here. I hope I can stay another cycle, but I think I may be leaving. We will find out this week though. 

Love you so much!

Love, 



Hermana Kindlespire

This is my letter to President this week... I cried while writing it. This is truly how I feel. 

Hola Presidente!

Wow... What an amazing humbling week we have had. 

The Lord has seriously proven all of our faith. Not one prayer has gone unanswered. 

 M**** opened up the Book of Mormon for the first time in 30 years. We have been working with her for two months. 

O******* and her children came to church. She is reading the scriptures and praying everyday. She has been talking lessons on and off for a  year. 

M****** let us in to visit her after we came by weekly for a month. She has recognized the Spirit again and has been coming to church for the past two weeks. 

And several other miracles. Danbury has taught me so much. I love this place and the people here. I would love to stay here my last cycle. But like I said in the interview, I will go wherever I need to be. :)


Love you so much!!

Hermana Kindlespire

No comments:

Post a Comment