Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

January 23, 2013

Cold but Warm, January 23, 2013


How are you? We are cold, but tough. I'm wearing two pairs of fleece lined tights today. Yes... both pairs are fleece-lined. It's great. :) My big puffy coat keeps me warm. Sister Valdez says I look funny, but hey! I'm warm. So I'm totally fine with it. :)

My shoes are holding up well. No problems. I may need one more pair before the end of the winter, but I will let you know if that's the case. My summer shoes are in good shape too. No problems. 

Mission shopping? That's awesome. Does Katie have cardigans? You can look cute in anything, if you have a cardigan too. Does she have a few pattern skirts and shirts? Patterns are great. I got bored really fast of solid colors. 
So this cycle ends on January 30th. Next week. And then starts the five week cycles. Still don't really know how many of those we will have. But yeah... Transfers next week. 10 new sisters are coming in. 

I don't think I'll be transferred. Usually trainers are with their new missionaries for two cycles. I want to stay here. I'm not ready to leave the ward yet. 

We had an amazing experience yesterday. We finished all our studies and Sister Valdez was praying, and I just felt so much peace. I knew that the Lord was going to be guiding every step. A lot of times, He leaves it up to you. He lets you choose the building and the words you say, but sometimes you feel inspiration for absolutely every step. That was the case yesterday. 

We went to go check and S....., and when she wasn't home we went to check on an investigator that we had texted the day before. They live in the same building. 
We went to R...'s apartment and she was in tears. She talked about how she has been so depressed and has been homesick for Ecuador. How she prays all the time, but feels that she is alone. We talked to her about how Satan is trying to discourage her, we talked about how we can find peace and where we can turn. We talked about the Savior's  sacrifice and how He is the only one that knows how we feel. We sang "Where Can I Turn for Peace?" (Donde hallo la solaz?) And "I Need Thee Every Hour" (Te Necesito). We talked and prayed and stayed until her peace had returned to her. 
We met R..... on the bus. It was Sister Valdez's first week in the mission field. When I saw her, I felt the Spirit so strong saying that I needed to talk to her. It's amazing to see, how on Christmas Eve, God knew that R.... would need us on January 22. We are excited to keep teaching her and keep encouraging her. She is truly looking for the peace that only the gospel of Jesus Christ can bring. 

Love you all so much! I know the Church is true and that Jesus Christ is at the head of the church, guiding His prophet and His missionaries. 

Love, 

Hermana Kindlespire

No comments:

Post a Comment