Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

January 20, 2013

83 New Missionaries on their way to NYNYN! January 16, 2013

I'm not sure what a bronx beast is. I know bronx cart and bronx bug,but not bronx beast.
Thanks for your email and your package and letter. I ate all the skittles. They were awesome! Thanks:)
 
We had a good week. We had two conferences with President. A Sisters Conference and a Leadership Conference. Both amazing. We learned a lot. That man sure knows how to motivate. And he receives so much revelation for this mission. There are a lot of changes that are happening.
We are going to be receiving 83 new missionaries in the next three cycles. 83! That is soooo many! We all have to be leaders, was the theme of our last conference. Whether we are training or not. We are leading to do good or to do bad. Interesting thought,right?
Sister Valdez and I are keeping busy. Remember the little boy that we found? R***? We haven't taught him for a month, because they weren't making any progress, but we've stayed in contact and dropped off cookies and what not. They came to church on Sunday! Completely by themselves. It was very unexpected, but we were thrilled. The Lord answered our prayers. We are going to teach them about the baptismal covenant and what it means and set a date tomorrow night. We are excited. We are still visiting the C***** every week. I love that family. They are adorable. J**** will be receiving the priesthood this week. Pretty awesome.
We are having a hard time finding new investigators,but that is our focus tonight. We are going to be tracting and tracting. We are working with a few members and referrals they have given us. But we just don't have any investigators that are progressing. They will come. It just takes a bit of time.

So, we were talking to a friend of ours. His is a potential investigator. He calls us every once and a while, and we try to set up an appointment, but he is a little scared. So we just talk to him about God and what not. While he was talking to us, it was so funny. He was telling us that he likes to wear white. We thought that was funny, because you get baptized in white. And then he continued, I like to wear white suits. Even better, we thought. We just said "that's awesome" and kept talking about other things, but Sister Valdez and I were both thinking "baptismal suit!" and holding in laughter... I guess you had to be there, and probably had to be a missionary. Probably not funny regularly, right? :)
I love my companion! She is an angel. She's overcoming all her fears and talking to these people in a different language. I know she will have a lot of success!
 Well, I love you! I love this gospel and I am thankful for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. He is my Savior and Mediator. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the Lord used him to restore his church on the earth and that the Book of Mormon and the Bible son la palabra de Dios.
Los Amo Para Siempre.
Hna Kindlespire

No comments:

Post a Comment