Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

February 27, 2012

Monday Missionary Mail -- Dead Fish? 2/27/2012

This week has gone by well. I have my journal with me so I can give you a good amount of detail of everything that has happened. Can you believe how fast the time goes??

The Spanish is coming along pretty well. I've been reading at least 5 verses a day out loud in spanish. It helps me improve a lot. I'm hoping that I can read the whole thing outloud during my mission, but just 5 verses at a time for now. I've memorized the "Missionary Purpose" and the first vision in Spanish. I'm pretty happy with that. I will continue to memorize different passages.

We had the TRC last tuesday. Some volunteers from the area came in and we shared a message with them about Joseph Smith or prayer. It was so nice to see new faces and to be able to speak with them in Spanish. I followed the conversation, pretty well. I still get lost a few times. But I made the decision this week, that I need to be stubborn with myself. There have been a few lessons, where I get so lost and then decide not to try anymore. Hna Rogers is so good, she just has a natural ability to speak Spanish, that I can easily just not speak and the lessons will still go great. But this last week, I decided that I will not let myself give up on this language. The last lesson we taught I got so lost. The investigator was talking about his relationship with his parents, and I thought he asked a question about premortal life.... Yeah... Don't know how that happened. When I asked him about premortal life, he was so confused, as was Hna Rogers, but we got back on track and kept going. I didn't shrink, I didn't stop speaking Spanish, even though I really wanted to. I was stubborn with myself and continued to try and follow the discussion.

We received a new district this week! Two new sisters in our zone. I get to do a little more with my calling, which has been such a wonderful blessing. Sister Franco is going to Las Vegas and Sister Faddis is going to New Mexico. I spent Wednesday and Thursday night with them, helping them adjust and giving them tours and what not. By the time Friday came around, I was pretty behind everyone else in the district. I had missed out on 5 grammar principles while helping the new sisters out. But! I worked hard, and I was able to learn 6 grammar principles in one day! Can I use them? Maybe not, but I know that they exist. That's a start.

We taught one of our investigators last Tuesday. He fell asleep on us during our lesson! It was so funny! I started laughing, because he was trying so hard to stay awake, but he wasn't able to. Hna Rogers was a little frustrated, but we laugh about it now. In a different lesson from the week before I said "Recibimos perdon para nuestos pescados" Which means "We receive forgiveness for our dead fish." I should have used pecados instead of pescados. So funny!!


I've switched from volleyball to four square during gym. It's so much fun! I'm horrible, but it's always a blast. Our zone loves four square. I've also started to play basketball. I'm going to be so good! I just shoot hoops the whole time, because I'm scared to play basketball with elders. But one day, I will be able to shoot hoops like a professional!

I bought a scripture bag on Thursday, and it broke by the end of the day. I was able to take it back to the bookstore. I'm still just holding my scriptures without any protective case, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

Service on Saturday mornings really is fun. We usually vaccum and it is so relaxing. Who knew?? I just love it. It's a great time to think. I'm really good at cleaning water fountains too. If you need a water fountain cleaned, I can help.

Hna Slater knows spanish so well that she is going into the mission field a transfer early! She leaves us on March 6th! We are really excited for her, but we will miss her. We got to hear from her in Sacrament Meeting. She did a wonderful job. We watched "Joseph Smith" on Sunday night. It was wonderful! I love that man!

I am so excited to be here, serving a mission. I can see the blessings happen. The Lord loves me, and He loves all his children. This gospel is here to bless lives. So let's let it bless lives. Our own and those around us. Share its message! And when necessary, use words. Think about it, we have the truth. We live the truth. How much peace has it brought you? Let it bring that peace to others! Share it! Share it whenever possible.


2 Nephi 2:7-8

Love,


Hermana Kindlespire

I really found a deep love for 2 Nephi 2:7-8. The reason that I am serving a mission, is to spread the news about Jesus Christ and how to come unto Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment