Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

May 8, 2013

Wonderful week! 5.8.2013


We went to the temple today. It has been an absolutely amazing day already. We left at 9am and got here at 11:30ish. It was raining on our way to the train stop. First time driving in the rain in a long time. And it was Connecticut rain. Thick and scary. But we arrived safely!

It has been a wonderful week so far. We are teaching so many Domincans, which makes me feel so happy. I'm really comfortable with them, which is weird because they speak horrible spanish and are the most passionate of all. I love them. 

We had a wonderful lesson on Priesthood this last week with J***. He really grabbed on to it. He is progressing wonderfully!

We found a new investigator last week named R*****. He also just grabbed onto our teachings really easily. He is studying and praying about the Restoration right now. We are excited to meet with him again. 

E*** is a less-active woman who came to church on Sunday! I almost cried! She was the first one in the church. And our meetings that Sunday were simply incredible, as people shared their testimony about clinging to Jesus Christ because He is "mighty to save". 

J***** also came! She is a 94 year old Brazilian woman. As faithful as you can get. She's just so fragile, she can't make it to church often. But she was there. The Spirit was so strong. 

We met with another less-active woman named Y****** on Monday night. She really wants to change her life. She is in the early stages of cancer, not sure what kind though. She has a lot of desire to repent and follow Jesus again. So excited to watch her progress. 

Sister Wankier cut my hair! :) It needed a trim super bad, but it kind of turned from a trim to a haircut.  It's at my shoulders again.  :) She did a good job! I can hardly believe she's never cut hair before. :) We have a great companionship obviously... lots of trust. 

We had the first Mission Leadership Council this last week. The first time with the new sister training leaders present . It was such a privliege! We learned so much! 

I'm so grateful for the chance that I have to serve in this unique mission of New York New York North. I'm grateful for the people I've met and the things that I have done. I'm grateful for the hard times. 

I've learned that ever hardship that we go through is an opportunity to become more like Jesus Christ, and it depends on our reaction. Will we forgive, as He did on the cross? Will we wait patiently, as He does with us? I hope we will all choose to act like Him more often. 

I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I love being His missionary and helping people live and find their faith in Him. 

Love, 

Hermana Kindlespire

No comments:

Post a Comment