Send letters and packages to:

Hermana Lindsay Kindlespire
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road, Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

October 29, 2012

Amazing Grace -- October 24, 2012

New York is great! We've had a nice warm week. I bought some fall boots last week for $30.00. Super cute. I'm hoping they will last at least another season, but I don't think they will. We walk too much. And today we are getting winter boots, hopefully. I bought a few undershirts and sweater tights as well. You know my big puffy white coat? I may need that. Sister Taylor laughed when I told her the only coat I have is my wool one. haha. I'm getting really nervous for what winter will be like. 

On Saturday morning, we had a special mission conference with all the missionaries. Elder D. Todd Christofferson came and spoke. It was so awesome! Everyday, I am telling people about how God has restored his church. About how we have a living prophet and twelve apostles, just like Jesus Christ had. And here in front of me is an Apostle of the Lord, It was a wonderful experience. He talked about the Doctrine of Christ. This has quickly become one of my favorite subjects. 

Saturday was awesome. I don't have my camera today, so pictures will have to wait till next week. M*** told us the week before her baptism that she felt like the person in the first verse of Amazing Grace.. "Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost, but now I'm found. Was blind, but now I see."  So, I had an arrangement of that in the folk song book that you sent me. (Thanks!) and learned how to play it in one week. Y****, a new friend of M***'s, sang it. And we performed it at the baptism.  It went so well!

On Sunday, M*** was confirmed. Elder Irizarry confirmed her. He was the one that originally knocked on her door. So he is really special to him. She was thrilled when she found out he would be giving her the blessing. It was a beautiful blessing, and after she was welcomed into the ward, she shared a nice little message. She said, "Thanks for welcoming me home."

On another note, I've had a cough for two weeks. I called Sister Morgan about it on Monday and was given some antibiotics. It should start working super soon. (Ojala que si)

Ok. That's all I have time for today. We may have more time in the afternoon, but I don't know. We are going to the temple and going to buy winter boots. 

OK. I love you! I thank you for all your support. Sorry I don't have a lot of details... I hope a few highlights here and there are good!

Love you

La Hermana Kindlespire 

No comments:

Post a Comment